Join Our Waco Team!
Become apart of The Purr-fect Paw team and do what you love every day! You’ll spend your time walking, playing and caring for pets on their own schedule, it hardly seems like work! You’ll be spending your days loving up – and being loved up – with your favorite pets!
Do you love animals big and small? Tired of working in a fur-free environment?
Are you a pet-loving individual who is reliable, responsible, and possesses common sense to join our team as a pet sitter and dog walker? As a member of our team, you will be responsible for providing exceptional care and ensuring the safety and well-being of our clients’ beloved pets in the comfort of their own homes.
If you have a genuine love for pets and are committed to providing outstanding care, we encourage you to continue reading and when you’re ready apply to be a part of our team!
Why choose The Purr-fect Paw?
We are a highly regarded pet-sitting and dog-walking company that is committed to delivering gentle, loving care to pets. Our exceptional team is made up of individuals who share our values of reliability, attention to detail, clear communication, and of course our love for animals. We understand that our staff is our greatest asset and, therefore, strive to take care of them to ensure that they can provide peace of mind to our clients and love their pets like their own.
At The Purr-fect Paw you’ll enjoy the freedom of a flexible schedule that fits your lifestyle. Whether you’re a teacher looking to earn extra income during the holidays and summer, a college student who wants to work nights and weekends, or just someone looking to make extra income. We welcome all with varies schedules and commitments! We are flexible here
It’s important to note that our schedules can be unpredictable and varies depending on the month. This job is meant to provide supplementary income and we cannot guarantee a specific amount of income each week. You will have the opportunity to gain more sits depending on your availability, reliability, and how quickly you become competent as a pet sitter.
What Our Pet Sitters Do:
We offer multiple time frames throughout the day, with our earliest window being between 6:00 AM to 9:00 AM, and our latest window from 8:00 PM to 11:00 PM. You’ll spend the majority of time at each visit feeding, refilling their water, walking, playing fetch, and giving all pets tender loving care. Every pet is unique, so you must be catering to his or her needs. Whether it’s playing fetch, going for walks, or simply being in your presence, do whatever it takes to ensure they are the happiest pets possible.
- Maintaining cleanliness by scooping litter and cleaning up occasional potty accidents
- Walking dogs of all sizes
- Administering medication to dogs and cats as needed
- Checking the overall status of a client’s home to ensure it’s safe and secure,
- Possibly watering plants to keep them healthy
- Maintaining open and effective communication with the office staff, other pet sitters, and clients throughout the day to ensure everyone is on the same page and pets are receiving the best possible care.
- Please visit our website thepurrfectpaw.com and scroll to our “Service Area” to see our boundaries. Since we reimburse your mileage, you MUST reside in our service area to work to be considered here. If you live outside our service area please DO NOT apply.
- Experience with and genuine love for animals
- High integrity and character; someone who doesn’t cut corners
- Available to work all or some significant holidays and surrounding days
- Comfortable entering a clients homes
- Visiting pets of all varieties, shapes, and sizes
- Willingness to get your hands dirty and perform tasks like litter scooping and picking up after pets
- Strong communication skills to keep clients and team members in the loop
- Reliable, dependable, detail-oriented, and possesses a strong work ethic
- Enjoys working independently but can also follow directions and work as part of a team
- Capable of handling all types of dogs, caring for cats, and other household pets
- Able to walk or drive to multiple visits per day in various weather conditions
- Access to a reliable car, valid driver’s license, and current insurance
- Possesses a smartphone with a good level of skills and daily access to the internet
- 18+ years old and willing to submit to a criminal background check
Please note, that if you have significant time restraints or an unpredictable schedule that causes you to frequently cancel pet visits, this job may not be the best fit for you.
Compensation & Perks:
You are paid per visit & 0.25 cents per mile.
15 Minute Visit – $6
30 Minute Visit – $8
45 Minute Visit – $10
Here is an example of what a 2-hour work here would look like.
Drive 5 miles to SIT A > Complete the 30-minute sit
Drive 5 miles to SIT B > Complete the 30-minute sit
Drive 5 miles to SIT C > Complete the 30-minute sit
Drive 5 miles to HOME
In the example above, you would be paid for three 30-minute visits at $8 each.
You’ll be reimbursed for the 20 miles driven at 0.25 cents per mile
3 sits x $8 = $24
20 miles X $0.25 = $5
Total – $24 for an hour and a half of pet sitting and $5 for gas, before tips.
- A lot of our clients are generous tippers.
- All of your gas reimbursement is TAX-FREE!
- $5 extra per visit on all holidays
- $5 extra per visit for next-day request (When a client schedules last minute and you accept to take it)
- $10 extra per visit for same-day request (When a client schedules last minute and you accept to take it)
- You’ll also receive a 50% discount when you use our services.
- BONUS: All the slobbery kisses, head butts, nose boops, cuddles, and purrs you can handle
You will receive 4 separate raises within your first year. After that, the only other raise would be a promotion to Team Leader.
First Raise – 1-4 Months
Increase your pay per visit by 0.50 cents
Second Raise – 5-8 Months
Increase your pay per visit by 0.50 cents
Third Raise – 9-12 Months
Increase your pay per visit by $1
Yearly Raise (Max 4)
Every year, you’ll get an increase in your gas reimbursement by an additional 0.10 cents per mile for a maximum of 4 years.
The fastest way to earn raises is by:
- Showing us that you truly love animals, care about our clients, and value our company’s reputation.
- Having more open and flexible availability means more opportunities to take on new sits and expand your skill set.
- Responding promptly to clients and in the group chat, so everyone stays informed and connected.
- Being reliable, responsible, and accountable for your work, so our clients can always count on you to provide exceptional care.
Have a Question?
Let us know how we can help!