Join Our Waco Team!
Become apart of The Purr-fect Paw team and do what you love every day! You’ll spend your time walking, playing and caring for pets on their own schedule, it hardly seems like work! You’ll be spending your days loving up – and being loved up – with your favorite pets!
Do you love animals and want a flexible schedule?
Are you passionate about animals big and small?
Are you tired of working in a fur-free environment?
We are looking for part-time and full-time sitters to serve in the Waco area. Please apply if you live in the following areas: Waco, Hewitt, Woodway, Robinson, Lorena, or McGregor. Consistency and quality are key; therefore, if you are unsure whether or not you will be able to commit to any part of this listing, please do not apply! PLEASE READ & CONSIDER CAREFULLY! The Purr-fect Paw is the most experienced, most awarded, best-reviewed, and most trusted pet sitting and dog walking company in the Waco area, serving clients and pets since 2010.
Why join The Purr-fect Paw team?
Because you deserve to work at a job that you are passionate about and have an employer that is passionate about you! Our goal is to take care of our staff, so they take care of our clients.
Your Success is Our Success:
- We train each of our sitters and offer ongoing training.
- We work as a team, so we have your back when ‘life happens.’
- A manager is always on duty to offer support for questions or problems.
- We are bonded and insured to protect our clients AND our employees.
What Our Pet Sitters Do:
They take care of our client’s pets and homes, typically within a 5-10 miles radius to minimize drive time.
A typical day may include things like:
- Feeding, watering, and interacting with fuzzy, furry, slobbery pets.
- Scooping litter and cleaning up the occasional potty accident or hairball.
- Walking Dogs (even the rare cat!) – this will help you get in your 10,000 steps a day the happiest way!
- Occasionally administering medications to dogs and cats.
- Checking on the overall status of a client’s home and possibly water some plants.
- Communicate with the office staff, other pet sitters, and clients throughout the day via phone, text, and email.
- Have experience with and genuinely LOVE animals.
- Have high integrity and character, a person who does not cut corners.
- Live in or near the areas we serve.
- Are willing and available to work ALL significant holidays and days surrounding.
- They are comfortable entering all types of client homes and visiting with their pets of all varieties, shapes, and sizes.
- Don’t mind getting your hands dirty: pets are messy, and scooping litter and picking up poo and cleaning up after them is part of the job!
- Communicate well – consistent communication is crucial!
- Are reliable, dependable, detail-oriented, and have a strong work ethic.
- Enjoys working independently, but can also follow directions and be a team player when needed.
- Be capable of walking/handling all types of dogs (large and small), caring for cats, and other household pets.
- OK with potentially driving to multiple visits per day, walking a lot, climbing stairs, and working in inclement weather.
- Have 24/7 access to a reliable car, hold a valid driver’s license, and have proof of current insurance.
- Have a smartphone and some level of computer and smartphone skills. Daily access to a computer with the internet.
- Are 18+ and willing to submit to a criminal background check.
- Because we strive to create consistent bonds and relationships between our sitters, our human clients, and their pets, we do ask for at least a six-month commitment (ideally one year, and we’d love it if you stayed for ten!).
- This job is NOT for you if you already know you have significant time restraints, an unpredictable schedule, or know you cannot commit long term.
- This job is meant to provide supplementary income. Hours highly depend on your availability and how busy we are.
Compensation & Perks:
- Employees average between $11 – $13+ per hour, including drive time and tips.
- Get paid 0.20 cents per mile you drive (this is tax-free money!)
- Recieve employee discount for your pets when you need pet care.
- Work close to home—say goodbye to rush-hour commutes!
- Get plenty of opportunities to exercise and spend time outdoors with our furry friends.
- Clients can be generous with tips.
- Receive ongoing paid training, including Pet First Aid & CPR.
- BONUS: All the slobbery kisses, head butts, nose boops, cuddles, and purrs you can handle!
If you feel you meet or exceed the requirements and are looking to make a long term commitment. You must be available and willing to work all the time frames throughout the day, evening, weekends, and holidays.