Waco finally has a dog park! The wait is over for many who have been waiting patiently to let their pups run free and socialize with other dog. The off leash dog park is located at Steinbeck and Lake Shore Dr, next to Texas Animal Medical Center. Below is a list of rules for the dog park.
No person shall bring into the off lease area if:
- A known or dangerous dog
- Any person under the age of 16
- A dog under the age of 6 months
- A female dog in heat.
- More than two dogs at once
- Any glass containers, dog treats, food, drink, tobacco, or alcohol (You may bring bottled water for you and your dog)
Any person who brings a dog into the off-leash area shall:
- Keep your dog under visual and voice control at all time.
- Have a leash viable at all times
- Remove your dog from the off-leash area at the first sign of aggression (Example: Bad biting, fighting, aggressive barking)
- Have current vaccinations (including Bordatella) and dog must be free of contagious diseases and parasites.
- Have on their dog a collar displaying a current rabies tag
- Immediately pick up and dispose of their dog’s waste
- Repair any damage caused by their dogs (Example: digging holes)
Use this dog park at your own risk
Dog owners/handlers are responsible for the actions and behavior of their dogs and are liable for damages or injury inflicted by their dogs. Dr. Ervin or anyone associated with the park has no liability or responsibility for damages or injuries in the park. Park users assume all associated with the use of park and waive liability of Dr. Ervin or anyone associated with the park for any injury or damage caused by dogs or humans while using park.